All juniors and seniors will take a math, science, English and history course each semester and many will be offered as dual enrollment. In addition, each student will complete a work-study, independent study, or internship. Electives and online courses are available and allow students to customize their learning experience. If a course has a * after it, then it is offered as a dual enrollment course. For questions not answered here, please visit the frequently asked questions page.
All students will take a math course each semester. In some cases a single course will take the entire year, but the majority are offered on a single semester timeline. All students who have not completed Algebra 2 and/or Trigonometry prior to coming to Ascend will need to take those courses first.
- Algebra 2 & Trigonometry (full year course)
- Pre-Calculus & Calculus 1* (full year course)
- College Algebra* (full year course)
- Statistics and Probability* (offered in Fall)
- Operations Research (offered in Spring)
All students taking Physics 1 will also be scheduled for the Introduction to STEM course in order to ensure they all have sufficient background knowledge for success in Physics. Students who do not wish to take Physics will be scheduled for Astronomy and Environmental.
- Physics 1* (full year course)
- Environmental Science* (offered in Fall)
- Astronomy * (offered in Spring)
- Health Sciences (offered in Fall)
- Anatomy & Physiology (offered in Spring)
English and History
All juniors will be scheduled for Junior English and Seniors will be scheduled for Composition 1 and Composition 2.
During the 2021-2022 school year, all students will take the same history courses (listed below). Both courses will be offered as dual enrollment.
- Junior English (full year course)
- Composition 1 * (offered in Fall)
- Composition 2* (offered in Spring)
- How we Got Here* (offered in Fall)
- Controversies in History* (offered in Spring)
The electives listed below are simply proposed courses. Final courses will be determined based on student interest.
- Computer Science* (offered in Fall)
- Cyber Security* (offered in Spring)
- Philosophy* (offered in Fall)
- Ethics* (offered in Spring)
- Independent Study Elective
All juniors will be scheduled for one independent option each semester and seniors may take up to two.
- Independent Study
- Internship (offered in Spring)